Find Task - [HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

03-13-2012 07:43 AM
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
I am attempting to use the find task to search an entire service for a value.  I search 4 fields from 22 layers (3 of which are group layers) using the contains parameter = true.  When I send a request that I know is going to return a large number of results (around 1000) it times out.  If I narrow that search it does not time out.  And sometimes the larger request works.  I set my timeout to 180 seconds and my max returned records to 2000 for the service. 

In a browser through the REST services folder running on the ArcGIS Server host machine I get the more detailed error message indicating the request timed out.
[h=2]Request timed out.Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
where it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[/TABLE]

Stack Trace:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]
[/TABLE]

In Flex I see this while debugging:
faultCode - Server.Error.Request
faultString - HTTP request error
faultDetail -Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: http://freedom/ArcGIS/rest/services/Dispatch/DistQueryLayer/MapServer/find?searchText=MORA44&f=json&..." errorID=2032]. URL: http://servername/ArcGIS/rest/services/Dispatch/DistQueryLayer/MapServer/find?searchText=MORA44&f=js...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
YamunadeviRathinasamy
New Contributor II
Did you fix this issue? Any input?
I don't have this issue in 10.1 however ArcGIS 10 rest service timeed out for large Identify.
0 Kudos
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
I honestly do not remember what I did about this issue.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
0 Kudos
SubaKrishnan
Esri Contributor
Hi Yamuna,

Can you set " identifyParams.returnGeometry" to false if not so already and try?

Thanks,

Suba
0 Kudos