Deleting relationships

03-10-2014 06:45 AM
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm wondering how to delete a relationship between two objects.
Considering we have one Layer parcel and one Table citizen/B] and a relationship such has one parcel is own by one citizen and a citizen can own many parcels.

Here are is how the layer/table look like:

Parcel

ID
OWNER_ID (= Citizen.ID)

Citizen
ID

Exemple :

Parcel
ID  OWNER_ID
1   1
2   1
3   2

Citizen
ID

In my code I get the relationships from parcel:
parcel.relationships[0]

Now if I want to remove the relationship between a parcel and its owner without knowing the schema how can I do that ?
relationship.keyField will give me ID which is the key field in table Citizen but what about key fiekd OWNER_ID in layer Parcel ? This is this field I should set to null in order to remove the relationship.

e.g.
Parcel
ID  OWNER_ID
1   1
2   1
3   2

In other words my question could be: given a layer, how can I know which of his attributes is used in a relationship with another layer or table ?

Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mathieu,

You need to use the APIs Relationship class: (I have always known the schema of the data I was using so I don't have any code examples for you).

keyFieldInRelationshipTable :The key field in attributed relationship class table that matches keyField. Returned only for attributed relationships. Requires ArcGIS 10.1 or later.
keyField: The relationship key field. Requires ArcGIS 10.1 or later.

See the Docs:
https://developers.arcgis.com/flex/api-reference/com/esri/ags/layers/supportClasses/Relationship.htm...
0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
Yes and the relationship's role tells me if the layer is the origin or destination of the relationship.

Thanks.
0 Kudos