ArcGIS API 3.0 for Flex released June 13, 2012

06-13-2012 09:19 AM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
The new API community site:
resources.arcgis.com/en/communities/flex-api/

What's new in ArcGIS API 3.0 for Flex
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/concepts/index.html#/What_s_new_in_ArcGIS_API_for_Flex/...
Note that Adobe Flex 4.6 SDK is now the minimum requirement.

Migrating from 2.5 to 3.0
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/concepts/index.html#/Migrating_from_2_5_to_3_0/017p0000...

How to get the the API library:
Click the "Download 3.0 API & Samples" on the Flex API community site

Note that the URLs have changed slightly from the 3.0 prerelease.  We will remove those pages later this week.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulHastings1
Occasional Contributor
the printing alone makes the upgrade worthwhile but...

what's a workaround for map.units going away? i was using that test whether to display degree symbols for coords (among other things). gleaning it from the map's spatialReference doesn't seem doable, as wk text isn't always available.

thanks.
0 Kudos
PaulHastings1
Occasional Contributor
never mind, found the thread in the beta forums.

still & all, having units easily available in the map is pretty convenient. maybe you might add it back?
0 Kudos
JanBliki
New Contributor III
It looks like the WebMapUtil does not trigger createMapByIdComplete anylonger after executing webMapUtil.createMapById... Am I the only one getting this issue?
I'm using flex 4.5..

I tried to copy/paste the sample as well and have the same issue...
Jan
0 Kudos
CordulaGöke
Occasional Contributor
I started recently to work with the air application builder v3.0. I am a little surprised about changes/removals in the 3.0 API. Why is it not possible to keep all old elements? Then I would expect that I can just work with everything new in the newly build tools and keep everything old as it was. An upgrade would be easier. Can anybody help me with experience how to upgrade earlier widgets for the viewer to v3.0? They are not opening on click. I found the general information about the changes and some earlier tips and tricks for 2.xx migration.
0 Kudos
CordulaGöke
Occasional Contributor
I started recently to work with the air application builder v3.0. I am a little surprised about changes/removals in the 3.0 API. Would it be possible to keep all old elements? Then I would expect that I can just work with everything new in the newly build tools and keep everything old as it was. An upgrade would be easier the whole system probebly quite messy/complex. Can anybody help me with experience how to upgrade earlier widgets for the viewer to v3.0? They are not opening on click.

just found the information for upgrading your viewer code  that should at least solve the opening, all others I have to see once I get them started.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Can anybody help me with experience how to upgrade earlier widgets for the viewer to v3.0? They are not opening on click.

just found the information for upgrading your viewer code  that should at least solve the opening, all others I have to see once I get them started.

Another good page would be the "What's New in 3.0 API" - http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/concepts/index.html#/What_s_new_in_ArcGIS_API_3_0_for_F...
0 Kudos
RaffaelloBertini
New Contributor
THERE'S A BUG IN API 3.0 WITH WMTS PROTOCOL.
THE MAP IS TRANSLATED RESPECT THE COORDINATE.
A SIMPLE TEST IS SWITCHING THE BASEMAP FROM FLEXVIEWER FROM WMTS TO WMS BASE MAP.

THERE'S ANOTHER TYPEERROR ON LOADING WMTS MAP IF (I SUPPOSE) THE API CAN'T FOUND IT:
REPORT THIS ONE (in italian sorry):
TypeError: Error #1009: Impossibile accedere a una proprietà o a un metodo di un riferimento oggetto null.
at Function/com.esri.ags.layers:WMTSLayer/private:loadCapabilities/com.esri.ags.layers:myResultFunction()
0 Kudos