What is the best way to learn how to create layers?

Jump to solution
10-22-2019 12:23 PM
JustinFetzer1
New Contributor

I understand a lot of the bascis of ArcGis Pro but I have very specific data that I would like to create layers for. For example, I have a cad drawing of groundwater topography sent to me in PDF format that I have no idea how to add to ArcGis Pro. If somebody could just point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Since a PDF isn't a supported input format for ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, you're going to need to convert the PDF to a TIFF or JPEG, then georeference it as usual. I did come across this 3rd party blog that includes screenshots for the georeferencing process. 

There is an idea to support PDFs as input for this exact situation. It is being reviewed now, so you should vote on it to increase its chance of getting implemented. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Since a PDF isn't a supported input format for ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, you're going to need to convert the PDF to a TIFF or JPEG, then georeference it as usual. I did come across this 3rd party blog that includes screenshots for the georeferencing process. 

There is an idea to support PDFs as input for this exact situation. It is being reviewed now, so you should vote on it to increase its chance of getting implemented. 

0 Kudos