Quick import from Rhino to Arc Pro

10-06-2020 12:04 AM
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

I am getting this error

"An error occurred while attempting to add a shape to a feature buffer. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147220936'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The coordinates or measures are out of bounds.}".

This error comes when I am trying to quick import a 3D model from Rhino in all valid formats (.dxf,.wrl, .3ds, .dae, .obj(Y is up) etc.) to Arc GIS Pro.

When using a 3D analyst tool import is getting successful but the screen is just getting blank seems like I am in space i.e. out of the earth.

If anyone has successfully imported a 3D model from rhino to arc pro please share the steps like the coordinate system and parameters even while exporting.

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

As suggested by William Morrish you can use the “import 3D” tool that will import the 3D multipatch object but you have to be very careful with units and coordinates with the same.

In my case, I was able to import the 3D object but was unable to change the projection & coordinate values as they have already had coordinates but the wrong one.

I used a different way i.e. to import your 3D model to SketchUp and from SU you can convert it in DAE formats finally you can import this DAE formatted multipatch into arc pro using the "create multipatch" tool.  In this way, you won’t face the georeferencing problem.

Thanks and regards

Krishan

0 Kudos