Import Rhino file into ArcGis Pro

07-06-2020 02:54 PM
gloriaserra-coch
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am trying to import a rhino file into Pro but I am not managing. I am saving as collada from Rhino and then using import 3d files but every time I run the tool it gives me an error. ERROR 050038: No Valid Files. It is the first time I am using this tool so I might be missing something pretty basic, I would appreciate it if you could help me with it. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Gloria,

The documentation below lists several different file types that the Import 3D Files tool should be able to convert to multipatch, including Collada (DAE) as you have already used.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/3d-analyst/import-3d-files.htm

Are you able to convert the 3D file outside of ArcGIS Pro to another acceptable format such as 3DS, WRL, FLT or OBJ? Once you convert to one of these formats, you could try the Import 3D Files tool again. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.

0 Kudos
RobertSchwartz
New Contributor II

I've been trying for 10 days to open a Blender generated Collada file in ArcGIS Pro 2.6. I've tried import 3D map, as you suggested and each effort crashes the program. I've also tried the Interoperability function "Quick Import," and the result is the same: program crashes.

I have a pretty powerful system: AMD 9-3900x, 64 GB memory, PCI 4 sabrent drives.

The file DBH3A.dae is 8 GB. I've tried .obj exports also. No luck at all.

I can send you a link to the DBH3A.dae from my Google drive.

Thanks for your help,

Bob Schwartz

0 Kudos
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

If you would like to send me a link to the file(s), I can try it out on my end. You can either post it here or email me directly at dchantlos@esri.com. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertSchwartz
New Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I thought that I could just reply to the message you sent me--many thanks. Then I finally read the fine print on  your message after my reply was rejected. 

I uploaded my huge .dae file to my Google Drive and authorized you to download it. This is the link:

DBH3A.dae - Google Drive 

Best,

Bob

0 Kudos
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Bob,

I've been trying to open this DAE file with various applications (Blender, CityEngine, ArcGIS Pro). It seems like something might be wrong with the file itself, due to it not opening with any of these applications. Could you please verify that this file is correct?

0 Kudos
KrishanPareek
New Contributor III

Hey Daniel Chantlos‌, followed the method to import file from rhino to arc pro but I am unable to locate it. Whenever I am clicking zoom to layer earth globe is comping up. Is it because of different units used while creating or geometrical error?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos