Arc GIS Pro and ProjectWise Connection

Jump to solution
11-10-2020 03:50 AM
MonikaSamorajska
New Contributor II

Hello,

I was wondering is someone from this community have a solution for accessing data, especially CAD Models stored in Bentley Project Wise, directly in Arc GIS Pro without need to export them.

Is there any possibility to have a connection with Bentley Project Wise with Arc GIS Pro?

I would be gratfull for any feeback or advice.

Regards,

Monika

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Monika,

Currently, there is no plan on the roadmap for ArcGIS Pro integration with ProjectWise. However, due to our partnership with Autodesk, we have integrated ArcGIS Pro with BIM 360 for this same purpose. You can read more information on how to establish a connection here: How to Connect ArcGIS Pro to Autodesk BIM 360.

Thanks,

Daniel

View solution in original post

Micah-Callough
New Contributor III

At this time Esri does not have a ProjectWise connector on our roadmap. Our focus at this time is on Autodesk Construction Cloud (aka BIM360) as well as reading IFC. We are aware that there was an old connector created by Bentley for ArcGIS Desktop but that tool has not been updated in a long time. We would consider a PW connection in the future, but we would need to get more details on what specific connections and workflows are needed. In the meantime, ArcGIS Pro does support the reading of .dgn files. I am sure an innovative Esri Partner could accelerate a Pro to PW connector and sell it on the Esri marketplace if they are inclined to do so. 

Cheers, 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Monika,

Currently, there is no plan on the roadmap for ArcGIS Pro integration with ProjectWise. However, due to our partnership with Autodesk, we have integrated ArcGIS Pro with BIM 360 for this same purpose. You can read more information on how to establish a connection here: How to Connect ArcGIS Pro to Autodesk BIM 360.

Thanks,

Daniel

MonikaSamorajska
New Contributor II

Thank you DanielChantlos for answering my query. I will definitely take a look on this new connector.

Can you please tell me if this connector is only working with BIM360 or are there any other cloud-based platform compatible with this connector?

Regards,

Monika  

0 Kudos
SaraGilbert
New Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Is there any update since last year on the ArcGIS Pro integration with ProjectWise?  We are looking to move our ArcGIS Pro GIS to ProjectWise to join our CAD users.

Thanks, Sara

Micah-Callough
New Contributor III

At this time Esri does not have a ProjectWise connector on our roadmap. Our focus at this time is on Autodesk Construction Cloud (aka BIM360) as well as reading IFC. We are aware that there was an old connector created by Bentley for ArcGIS Desktop but that tool has not been updated in a long time. We would consider a PW connection in the future, but we would need to get more details on what specific connections and workflows are needed. In the meantime, ArcGIS Pro does support the reading of .dgn files. I am sure an innovative Esri Partner could accelerate a Pro to PW connector and sell it on the Esri marketplace if they are inclined to do so. 

Cheers, 

SaraGilbert
New Contributor II

Hi Micah,

Is there any update since last year on the ArcGIS Pro integration with ProjectWise?  We are looking to move our ArcGIS Pro GIS to ProjectWise to join our CAD users.

Thanks, Sara

FernandoValdivieso
New Contributor

Hi Micah,

Is there any update on the ArcGIS pro or enterprise integration with ProjectWise?

NickMiller2
Occasional Contributor

We can't talk about GeoBIM without talking about the fact there is no single Common Data Environment in the Construction industry. Yes, in the Design Industry I am sure it would be great if Autodesk was the only common data environment but in Construction, the reality is that there are common data environments used by the BIM and Survey teams that are not using Autodesk. Whilst I am happy to provide specific workflow examples, we are bascially having to use FME in the middle to solve the problem. If SAFE can have a connector, I don't understand why Bentley and Esri's CEO's can't sit down in a boardroom as well and come to some agreement like Esri and Autodesk once did? It seems like the Add BIM Connection dialog was built to support other CDE's, it just needs the software industry to come togethor in support of Industry 4.0.

NickMiller2_0-1655259662866.png