How do I make a public facing AGOL home page that I can embed into a website?

Jump to solution
06-23-2016 04:49 PM
PierceConlon2
New Contributor II

I would love to make a web portal that I can embed into our team's website and show custom web maps like a portfolio. I like the example from the State of Delaware and would love to mimic this. ANy help would be much appreciated!

State of Delaware: http://delaware.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottFierro2
Occasional Contributor III

Neil already got this spot on. The only other things to possibly consider would be some of your security settings.

From "My Organization" go into "Edit Settings". Go down to the "Security" tab. In the top section for "Policies" you might need to put a check in

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ScottFierro2

Well considering the URL it appears to be their ArcGIS Online page. This page you linked to is simply their home page and they are using some a group that allows for the modification/control of "feature content" that appears across the page. We haven't gone down the path of using AGOL for our outward facing content but I guess they could be using their paid subscription for AGOL and then leveraged the Esri | ArcGIS Open Data options. Just based off the fact that along the top of that page are the options for traditional AGOL features (Gallery, Map, etc.) I'd lean toward it's not their Open Data page.

0 Kudos
PierceConlon2
New Contributor II

Scott,

Thanks for the reply, it has cleared up alot for me. I guess the issue I am still having is that when I try to go to that link I am prompted to sign in. I don't want users to have to sign in just be able to interact with my AGOL account like I can for the state of Delaware GIS homepage. Are there some settings that I am missing? I did make the group presented in the banner public facing but still no good. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Link to our site

http://datadeploy.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html

0 Kudos
NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

All the maps that you want the public to access, without signing in, will

all need to be shared to "public" and the feature services accordingly.

Open each App and WebMap that you want out there, click the "Share" button

and choose public. This should do it.

Thanks,

ScottFierro2

Neil already got this spot on. The only other things to possibly consider would be some of your security settings.

From "My Organization" go into "Edit Settings". Go down to the "Security" tab. In the top section for "Policies" you might need to put a check in

PierceConlon2
New Contributor II

This was it, thanks so much!