Is it possible to copy the new StoryMaps?

Jump to solution
04-08-2020 02:40 AM
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

I've tried copying the new storymaps, but it throws an error when you try to open or edit the copied storymap. For now I am only trying to do this within my organisation, but we may want to copy storymaps to a different organisation in future. Is this possible in Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online & Portal‌? Do you need the pro version?

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BlakeBilbo
Occasional Contributor

Hello Anneka,

Please note that there is a difference between copying and cloning, as the copy tool will only create a new reference pointing back to the original source item. For more info on this, please see the following knowledge base article: 

Secondly, I can confirm that in the latest version of Admin Tools Pro and Portal (v.1.6.1), cloning of the new story maps is supported. Please note that a paid license of Admin Tools is required for both the Origin AND Destination Organization or Portal participating in this migration. For more information on cloning, please see our Online Cloning Resources.

Thank you very much, and please reach out to us if you have any additional questions at connect@geo-jobe.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BlakeBilbo
Occasional Contributor

Hello Anneka,

Please note that there is a difference between copying and cloning, as the copy tool will only create a new reference pointing back to the original source item. For more info on this, please see the following knowledge base article: 

Secondly, I can confirm that in the latest version of Admin Tools Pro and Portal (v.1.6.1), cloning of the new story maps is supported. Please note that a paid license of Admin Tools is required for both the Origin AND Destination Organization or Portal participating in this migration. For more information on cloning, please see our Online Cloning Resources.

Thank you very much, and please reach out to us if you have any additional questions at connect@geo-jobe.com