ArcGIS Online Editing Sharing capabilities?

01-21-2015 01:52 PM
AnnetteGinocchetti
New Contributor II

Is it possible to share web map apps with editing capabilities?

I am assisting our local food bank and would like to be able to verify imported pantry locations via web map app is that possible?

http://tinyurl.com/mvon3p6

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Have you explored the Web AppBuilder and the Edit widget that is available with that map application?

Overview—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
AnnetteGinocchetti
New Contributor II

I tried the web app builder and my food pantry layer is "edititable" Im wondering if it has something to do with the .csv file I created exported from .xls?

0 Kudos
BenGrod

In the Web App builder click on Widgets - Set Widgets in this Controller - Click Here to add WidgetEdit Widget.png

0 Kudos
AnnetteGinocchetti
New Contributor II

I tried that :[ Im wondering if its the format of the .csv I imported?

0 Kudos
BenGrod

I haven't created a feature layer from a CSV or XLS and attempted to edit it so I'm sorry but I can't help with that workflow. If you choose a different workflow you can create your feature layer via ArcCatalog then publish it to ArcGIS Online. Create the point with all the necessary fields, add it to ArcMap, sign in to ArcGIS Online (inside ArcMap - File - Sign In). Then publish the point feature class to ArcGIS Online through File - Share As - Service. Follow the wizard steps (see Help if you need guidance on these steps). When complete the point is available on ArcGIS Online as a feature layer, you can add it to your map, edit it, etc.

AnnetteGinocchetti
New Contributor II

I will detour my workflow as you suggest Ben Grod‌ still want to try your web app directions and see if that route works first. I will let you know how I make out...Your help is much appreciated

0 Kudos