Sides of Address Locator Styles

Jump to solution
07-25-2018 07:37 AM
GustavoNascimento
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm creating an address locator style (US Address—One Range), so my doubt is about if the options for the side is only Left or Right? I would like the results of the geocoder should be on the geometry and not at any side.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Gustavo:

Are you modifying the address locator style or are you creating an address locator based on the US Address - One Range style? If you are creating a locator based on the style the default behavior for where the geocoded point is placed is offset from the line using the Side offset property of the Geocoding options and will land on the left or right of the line based on the value in the field that was mapped to the 'Side of the segment' field in the field mapping section when creating the locator. After the locator is created, you can change the distance of the side offset to be 0 and the geocode result should land on top of the line.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Gustavo:

Are you modifying the address locator style or are you creating an address locator based on the US Address - One Range style? If you are creating a locator based on the style the default behavior for where the geocoded point is placed is offset from the line using the Side offset property of the Geocoding options and will land on the left or right of the line based on the value in the field that was mapped to the 'Side of the segment' field in the field mapping section when creating the locator. After the locator is created, you can change the distance of the side offset to be 0 and the geocode result should land on top of the line.

GustavoNascimento
New Contributor

Perfect Shana Britt‌! Thanks for your Help!

0 Kudos