Left and right alternate city name look up in address locators

07-17-2019 08:27 AM
StephanieBosits
New Contributor III

I am attempting to create an address locator in ArcMap 10.5.1 using road centerline data and the US Dual Range Addresses stylesheet. Our road center line data has a left and right postal community name field. I would like to include an alternate city name table for both the left and the right, but I only see the ability to add one alternate name and not be able to specify which side it belongs to. Does anyone know if this capability is currently supported?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Good question:  I've been having an on going discussion with Shana Britt‌  on some other geocoding issues.  She should see my mention here...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I am noticing a significant difference when building an address locator with the Alternate City Name Table between 10.5.1 and 10.7.1.  In 10.5.1 when I add a table to the address locator that is defined as the Alternate City Name Table I get no additional fields in the Field Map section of the address locator, but in 10.7.1 when I add a table to the address locator that is defined as the Alternate City Name Table I get 2 additional fields in the Field Map section of the address locator for Left City or Place and Right City or Place (which seems like what the OP is looking for).

Hopefully Shana Britt can add more insight to this thread, but it seems like there has been an enhancement by ESRI to the Alternate City Name Table portion of the US Address - Dual Ranges address locator style between 10.5.1 and 10.7.1.

ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcMap 10.5 had major changes the address the address locator styles that were included out of the box, this also added alternate city name tables. However, for the 10.5 release the Dual Ranges style did not include both sides.

I believe we added the functionality at 10.6 or 10.6.1, below is a screenshot from 10.6.1. It is important to upgrade whenever possible and recreate the locators as we have fixed and made enhancements to the locator styles between releases.

0 Kudos
StephanieBosits
New Contributor III

Thank you all for your feedback! I will be anxiously awaiting our department's upgrade to leverage the new functionality.

Stephanie

0 Kudos