Logitech MX Master horizontal scroll wheel for attribute table in ArcGIS Pro

08-31-2020 08:55 AM
DerekMcGovern
New Contributor II

Hello

I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.5. I routinely work with attribute tables that are many columns wide and have a Logitech MX Master mouse that has a horizontal scroll wheel on it. I have the Logitech Options installed on Windows 10.

It appears ArcGIS Pro is the only app where the horizontal scroll wheel does not work as intended? Is there a fix for this? 

7 Replies
dzahsh
by
New Contributor III

I have a MX Master mouse as well and have not found a solution for using the second scroll wheel, but for those who are not aware holding Shift and using the primary mouse wheel works in ArcGIS Pro to scroll horizontally in attribute tables

DerekMcGovern
New Contributor II

I was not aware of this. Thank you so much this is info is really helpful. 

0 Kudos
tiztrain
Occasional Contributor

Good to know thanks!

0 Kudos
BrandenHarding
New Contributor II

I've found another workaround too if you're using MX Master Mouse. In Logitech Options, change the horizontal thumbwheel to do keystroke actions. Turn up = right, Turn down = Left. I set this for ArcGIS Pro specifically. After some tweaking of sensitivity, this seems to work quite well.

DerekMcGovern
New Contributor II

Thank you I will give this a try. I was originally thinking to program the Shift + vertical scroll to the horizontal scroll. But this sounds like it'll work too. 

tiztrain
Occasional Contributor

@DerekMcGovern Did you ever figure out how to program/assign it to 'Shift + vertical' scroll?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Anybody looking for this functionality, please go to this idea that was submitted and add your Kudos there https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/logitech-mx-master-sideways-scroll/idi-p/1129540 

Thanks!

0 Kudos