Share as web layer ArcGIS Pro

10-15-2014 12:25 AM
JørnKristiansen
Esri Contributor

Good morning from Norway!

I assume most of you who participates in this group is quite excited and looking forward to the release of 10.3 and of course the caching services for 3D-features.

Most of you have probably seen the video/presentation where publishing 3D content to Portal is shown. It looks really cool and I think this is one of the things that we are missing in 3D-GIS.

I am so lucky that I got to test the pre-release of 10.3 and ArcGIS Pro. So my question: To be able to publish a 3D-service to my portal it says in the documentation: "All scene services begin inside ArcGIS Pro where you author a 3D scene. When you've finished authoring and are ready to publish, select the desired 3D layers in the Contents pane, right-click, and choose Share As Web Layer" This is also shown in the presentation from UC2014: wabLayr.JPG

Here we see that when you right-click the layers under 3D-layers you got the option Share as web layer. Here is what happening when i'm doing the same thing:

wabLayrMy.JPG

As you see the option is grayed out. I am trying to publish a multipatch, is this the right format? because it's realy looks like Gert and the crew are publishing multipatches in the presentation (first screen-dump). 

I have done this steps:

You'll need to install and set up the following ArcGIS components in order to create a scene service and share it as a web scene:

• ArcGIS Pro
  • ArcGIS for Server
  • ArcGIS Data Store
  • Portal for ArcGIS

Once the components are installed, you'll need to configure ArcGIS Data Store with your server, federate the server with your portal, and designate ArcGIS Server as the hosting server.

Some who got a clue?

Thanks!

Regards

Jørn

13 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is currently not supported in ArcGIS Online but can be used with your 10.3.1 Portal. We are working towards support for hosted scene services which will come in a future release of ArcGIS Online.

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
MarkL
by
New Contributor III

Any update on ArcGIS Online supporting multipatch layers?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Kudos
JørnKristiansen
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

It is not possible to share as a web scene / web layer directly to ArcGIS Online. You have to first publish to your portal for ArcGIS and use this service in your ArcGIS online Scene viewer.

-Jørn

0 Kudos
RemiFoicik
New Contributor II

Hi

You have to create a multipatch to  share it with the portal

Use the "3d layer to feature class" tool

Regards.

0 Kudos