Filter Building tool greyed out; layer missing statisical information

Jump to solution
02-10-2020 07:09 AM
DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

Im trying to create a Building Scene Layer Package from a 2020 Revit model in Pro 2.5.

One of the model families (Generic Model) has incredibly complex geometries in it, that i want to filter out of the resultant SLPK. However, when i select my model in the Contents panel, the "Building Filter" tool isn't available from the "Manage" ribbon (it should be).

I have managed to find out (by adding the tool to the quick access ribbon) that this tool is greyed out, and hoevering over it yields the following tip: This Command is currently disabled: The layer is missing statistical information.

Is that something I can resolve? Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the Revit file? Or has Pro 2.5 been released with Revit 2020 functionality, without ensuring all Pro tools are compatible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello David, 

My understanding of the issue posted by you is that you would like to published a Building Layer (BL) without any Generic Model elements from a Revit file (Revit 2020). To accomplished this on Pro 2.5 this is my recommended workflow

1. Run the GP too (BIM File to Geodatabase) 
  2. Delete the Generic Model Feature class from the dataset
  3. Run GP Tool (Make Building Layer)  - Scene needs to be open 
  4. Run GP Tool Create Building Scene Layer Package 
  5. Upload the scene layer package to AGOL or portal. 

You can create model to achieved this workflow. 

best regards, 

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

The building filter is only available on building scene layers for 2.5 so that is why it is grayed out for the building layer (from revit). Currently the only workflow then is to add the filter after the building scene layer package has already been created.

I do have some good news though in that we have worked with the CAD team to add this functionality in 2.6. The manage tab for building layers (from revit) will include the building filter button along with a button for generating statistics on the building layer. I can keep you posted when the ArcGIS Pro 2.6 beta comes out if you want to check out the functionality before final release in June (tentatively)

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Also David, I just saw your comment in another thread and there is actually a different workflow you can use to remove the Generic Model from the building layer. My colleague from the CAD/Revit team will be posting in that thread shortly.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello David, 

My understanding of the issue posted by you is that you would like to published a Building Layer (BL) without any Generic Model elements from a Revit file (Revit 2020). To accomplished this on Pro 2.5 this is my recommended workflow

1. Run the GP too (BIM File to Geodatabase) 
  2. Delete the Generic Model Feature class from the dataset
  3. Run GP Tool (Make Building Layer)  - Scene needs to be open 
  4. Run GP Tool Create Building Scene Layer Package 
  5. Upload the scene layer package to AGOL or portal. 

You can create model to achieved this workflow. 

best regards, 

David

0 Kudos
DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

Thank you for all your excellent comments and solutions. I can confirm that the above approach works a treat. And I'm glad I wasn't going made when trying to filter the data. 

In the end, I ran the Create Bounding Volume tool on the highly complex models, to made crude versions, and then swapped out the mulipatch before generating the SLPK building package.

My next challenge is that some of the model elements from Revit appear to be offset in the x y and z from the main bulk of the model (up to kilometres away in some cases. This potentially implies that they aren't referencing the base/survey points correctly somewhere between Revit and Pro. 

0 Kudos