extrude between fail

Jump to solution
03-11-2015 06:45 AM
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but a seemingly simple operation has resulted in wrong outcome.

I am trying to create an extruded feature between two tins. I have a Tin constructed with four points for the top and a tin with four points for the bottom. simple. then I constructed the tin domain and used tha in the extrude between tool. the resulting multipatch is an extrude square with flat top and bottom; set at the minimum distance between the tins. ie the feature is extruded between the highest elevation of the lower tin and the lowest elevation of the top tin.

I must have tried everything by now (triangulated domain, using the break lines of the tins as polygons) but nothing works.

There must be something simple I am missing here. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks a bunch

Victor

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III

Some guys here at ESRI Netherlands are on it now, it seems there might be a problem with the coordinate system we're using. I'll post again when we have a solution or if the problem persists, would be a bit much to have people all over the globe working on a solution... Thanks a lot though!

Victor

0 Kudos
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I have been in touch with ESRI NL people and they have not been able to find a solution either. Two issues were suggested: one is the use of a custom coordinate system and the other is that the TINs are too 'complex'. I can hardly think of a less complex TIN shape but here we are.

This is starting to become a pressing problem as I need this for my research. All help is welcome. I have added a mappackage for anyone interested in having a look at it. I have set everything in WGS 1984 Web Mercator now. (also the tins in this example are made up of a few more points)

Thanks!

Victor

0 Kudos
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

The issue described in this post has been reported and is being dealt with as a bug in the program. ESRI is apparently working on it so it will be available again in a new release. In the mean time I'll see if I can perform the same task in a 3d modelling program. As soon as I here more about it I'll post it here.

Thanks for the replies!

Victor

0 Kudos