BIM 360 and ArcGIS integrations

Jump to solution
07-11-2021 05:12 AM
RoddasCabral
New Contributor

Hi there, I would like to know if there is some way to integrate BIM 360 and ArcGIS project just using the ArcGIS API's .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello 

There are no public APIs in ArcGIS Pro for working with BIM360.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello 

There are no public APIs in ArcGIS Pro for working with BIM360.
0 Kudos
RoddasCabral
New Contributor

So if I wanted to do this using code, how would I do it? Or using code is not possible?

0 Kudos
AduriSreenivas
New Contributor

Hi there,

Using BIM 360 REST APIs,  can we integrate with ArcGIS Experience Builder REST web services ( using Web scenes)?

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

yes, but you need to have a way to link the digital model to the scene . What are you trying to do (Just general idea). 

Best regards, 

David

0 Kudos
AduriSreenivas
New Contributor

Hi David,

Thank you. ..  Yes, I have BIM/ Revit model.

I will be using ASP.Net for Autodesk BIM 360 web viewer application using Autodesk Forge BIM 360 API.

I have converted BIM i.e. (Revit model) to Web scene.  And using (Experience Builder) ArcGIS REST API… I want to link Web scene to BIM/ Revit model.

Finally, I am looking " in the same browser” to view the Web scene and BIM/Revit model. 

I have attached the screen here.  I find this screen from the below link..

https://www.esri.com/about/newsroom/arcuser/gis-and-bim-integration-leads-to-smart-communities/

Is it possible for the my above mention requirement and solution?

Than you.

Aduri Sreenivas

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Aduri

you can do that, also you can look into GeoBIM (https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-geobim/overview) as another possibility. 

David

0 Kudos
AduriSreenivas
New Contributor

Hello David,

Thank you.

Yes.. I did ArcGIS GeoBIM application and I have attached the screen here.  We can show in one browser web scene and revit models for AEC industry development solutions.

I also attached another screen a (Prototype) for an Integration of ArcGIS Online and Autodesk BIM 360 web viewer.   As I plan to develop a prototype " Building Permit System " using Autodesk Forge API integration with ArcGIS Rest API.

• Upload BIM Models in a web browser
  • IFC checker: Validate the building code rules)
  • Building permit reports
  • GIS viewer for Urban views
  • Project Schedule Dashboard

Therefore, I conclude that we can link the digital model i.e ( revit model) to the web scene.

Thank you again,

Aduri Sreenivas

0 Kudos