[ArcScene] How to make multiple layers stacked vertically have the same angle in ArcScene?

Jump to solution
01-28-2016 02:03 PM
Yoo_MinPark
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am struggling to figure out how to make multiple 2D layers stacked vertically in 3D have the same angle in ArcScene.

When I try to stack more than 20 2D raster layers vertically from bottom to top, the angle of layer becomes flat compared to the previous layer, like the first figure. But I would like to make all of the angles of the layers same, like the second figure.

Anybody who knows how to do this?

I would really appreciate it!!!   

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 4.00.12 PM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You may wish to move this to a more appropriate location in GeoNet, you currently have your question placed in a location dediated to getting help about GeoNet...Here is the structure, might I suggest 3D

GeoNet Community Structure

As for your question, there limited options to alter what appears to be the perspective view  of the scene.  Have you had a look in the help files in this topic About ArcScene display options—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop or Vertical offsets for feature layers—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   I haven't acess to 3D data currently to examine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You may wish to move this to a more appropriate location in GeoNet, you currently have your question placed in a location dediated to getting help about GeoNet...Here is the structure, might I suggest 3D

GeoNet Community Structure

As for your question, there limited options to alter what appears to be the perspective view  of the scene.  Have you had a look in the help files in this topic About ArcScene display options—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop or Vertical offsets for feature layers—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   I haven't acess to 3D data currently to examine.

Yoo_MinPark
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

0 Kudos
BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

I don't think you can eliminate the perspective view completely but if you go to View --> ViewSettings... you can set the Viewfield angle to 1.

0 Kudos