ArcScene 10.1 near non-functional with TIN (face elevation)

07-30-2012 10:28 AM
MikeFutrell
New Contributor
ArcScene: I upgraded 10 to 10.1 and now TINs are virtually non-functional when symbolizing by face elevation. TINS of even just a few faces, created in 9.x, 10, or 10.1, give that all familiar "Not Responding" for minutes then does not display correctly. Forget about turning the model. Symbolizing by wireframe, aspect, or slope seems to work ok (but elevation is 99% of use). In 10.0 even my large TINs worked fine. So now I have a lot of broken non-functional work. Even simple v10.0 SXD files won't even open!! [no other hardware/software changes were made]

Anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to roll back to 10.0?
Thank you,
Mike
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
44 Replies
JonZambrano
New Contributor
Is there a fix other than upgrading to 10.2?! For such advanced and expensive software, I truly expected 10.1 to be an improvement from 10.0, however there are more bugs and crashes that I had with 9.3 or 10.0. Will ESRI continue ignoring the issues with ArcScene10.1 or will there ever be a fix? These issues are costing me $Hundreds$ everyday!
0 Kudos
ClaytonCrawford
Esri Contributor
Our records indicate this was fixed in 10.1.2 SP2
0 Kudos
WilliamWhite
New Contributor
Our records indicate this was fixed in 10.1.2 SP2

I am having this same issue. I downloaded the 10.1 software in January (student license). I'm guessing I need to download the 10.1.2 SP2 for this to work?  Where/how do I access this?  Thanks!
0 Kudos
ChristophTraun
New Contributor
Two of our students are considering to upgrade to 10.2 because of this issue, since TIN Rendering in ArcScene 10.1 does not work  with their ATI graphics cards (ATI Mobility 3650 HD (256MB)). Can anyone verify if this issue is really solved in 10.2 ?

Kind regards,
Christoph
0 Kudos
AlisonSchilling
New Contributor III

We need to stay on 10.1 sp1 - what was the final solution?

0 Kudos