Solutions Deployment Tool - 'Unable to open the task. It cannot be found.'

Jump to solution
07-11-2018 08:36 AM
deleted-user-8TJ6jZDO1Rfr
New Contributor III

I have a question about the Solutions Deployment Tool in Pro. I am using it to 'Publish Basic Local Government Scene' for a 3D basemap using Lidar. My issue is that twice now I have closed my project and opened it again to find that my task is "Unable to open the task. It cannot be found". The last time this occurred I had to delete my project locally and on AGOL to get rid of all files associated with the project. Only then was I able to deploy a new solution and start over. 

Has any one else had this issue? Any ideas what is causing it? It is pretty annoying having to go through so much effort just to restart the task. 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

We are still trying to replicate the issue. In the meantime, I will include the task files in the upcoming release of the solution in January.

Gert

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

2 Weeks ago we found a data corruption and fixed it for ArcGIS Pro 2.3. That bug might have been related to this issue. Once you get 2.3, please let us know if you still see tasks disappear.

Thanks and happy new year!

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the next release of Pro is supposed to be 2.3 around March 2019.  Are you saying this bug is not fixed until Pro 2.4 which would be when?

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

My Bad Michael. I meant ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and not 2.4. Thanks for the corrections.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the quick correction.

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately another person is reporting this behavior in 2.3 - see link.

If you are able to reproduce it PLEASE submit a tech. support case as we must fix it ASAP.

Amir

0 Kudos
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Amir for pointing me to this feed and for linking my issue to here. BTW, that issue was posted under a different account by accident somehow, but I am the same person...

To clarify, I do not seem to have an issue with the ArcGIS Solutions tasks. Incidentally, it is also loaded into the ArcGIS Pro Project file and I can access it just fine! It was my custom task that I am unable to access. I will add this as a bug in my.esri support.

James

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Amir Bar-Maor‌, Gert Van Maren‌,

just to report that yesterday I downloaded (deployed, downloaded, extracted) the solar calculation solution.

I ran the analysis for a dataset and everything was fine.

This morning I opened the last project of yesterday, created a new scene, connected a new folder with a new dataset, and when I tried to open the same task I got the error message and the red exclamation mark.

I solved by extracting the same package in another location, open the project, exporting the task to a .esritasks file and imported in my project.

It looked totally random to me as nothing has changed during the night.

(solution deployed and downloaded yesterday, so I guess the last available version - ArcGIS PRO 2.2.4)

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting Pan gis‌. The random nature of this issue and its severity is frustrating to say the least.

Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Separate task files are now included in the Local Government 3D basemap solution.

I will add them to the other solutions as well.

Gert