Can I use ArcGIS Indoors with existing GIS data?

07-03-2019 06:12 AM
MelanieFournier1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I used the old version of ArcGIS Indoors when it was still a zip file to download. I installed the new package from my esri, and I discovered that now I need an ArcGIS Entreprise to make it work, and I do not see in the help online if this would work with an existing GDB.

All my buildings are already in GIS format. With the previous version of Indoors, I had to transform one or two fields of my layers. With the new tools, I am not sure that if my GDB does not have the information model it will work.

Can I use the new toolbox with my data without having the parameters that seem mandatory in the information model?

Thank you very much.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Melanie,

The ArcGIS Indoors for Pro geoprocessing tools are licensed through the same ArcGIS Indoors organizational capability license in Portal for ArcGIS that authorizes the Indoors web and mobile applications. Please contact your account manager for more information.

The Indoors geoprocessing tools do require that your workspace include the items associated with the Indoors Information Model described in the online documentation.

ArcGIS Indoors Information Model—ArcGIS Indoors | ArcGIS Desktop 

You will need to load our existing data into the Indoors model to use the Indoors geoprocessing tools or use maps published from that content with the Indoors web and mobile applications. Please refer to the help documentation for guidance on mapping values and required attributes.

Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos