3D layer isnt rendering in Scene View AGO

01-21-2021 01:54 PM
msa4012
New Contributor III

Hi,

I was able to publish my ArcGIS Pro project to Web Scene, but the 3D Building footprint layer isnt draiing in the Scene Viewer. I do see the layer listed, and able to change the Symbology but cannot get the layer to draw on the map. I followed the steps mentioned here:

Authoring 3D Layers and Creating Web Scenes in ArcGIS Online (esri.com)

0 Kudos
26 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks, it looks like that multipatch feature layer is empty. When I query the features in that service none are returned. 

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

How can publishing it to AGO make the layer empty? I am seeing the feature in Pro and its the same one that got published?

msa4012_0-1611342244825.png

I followed the same steps as mentioned in ur article? Do you want me to re do the whole thing again?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

-are you using a trial or developer account to publish? 

-can you upload a gdb with just the multipatch feature class in it to you account through My content and a zipped gdb and see if that works?

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

I am getting this error:

msa4012_0-1611345500013.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

From the Multipatch feature layer item details page you should see a publish button and click Publish > Scene Layer. This will create the 3D Object scene layer.  You can also check on the feature layer that it shows Multipatch geometry and on the data tab there are feature records returned.

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

Somehow neither the Feature hosted layer nor the Multipatch have any features in them, though the Jobs pane is showing successful when I published the Web scene again from ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

I tried uploading the zipped gdb as well, but nothing is coming thru onto the AGO side?

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

I am using my Organization's user account, and it shouldn't be a trial license.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

When you upload the zipped gdb with just the multipatch feature class in it did you click Publish Hosted Layer? 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/3d-gis/how-to-publish-scene-layers-in-arcgis...

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

Yes, I did.

0 Kudos