3D Workshop Feature Extraction Tools

06-24-2016 07:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
2 7 8,487

The following tools are presented in Esri's 3D Feature Extraction Workshop.

• Extract Buildings and Trees from Classified LiDAR
  • Requires ArcGIS Pro 1.2 or newer.

OSO1.JPG

Example of results from these tools in 3D Scene:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a87a4fc23130405996f29da6a6476682

Download the tools here:

https://esriis-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/geof7015_esri_com/EbOcsJu-flVZHb_EqH4Kdu8BzDw7b0sdv8...

What you get:

These tools are still in Beta and are supported through this blog only.

Please leave any/all comments below and I will respond as soon as possible.

For current Supported 3D modeling tools out of beta please refer to the Local Government Scenes

Local Government Scenes | ArcGIS for Local Government

Example of Tool Interface:

7 Comments
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Geoff

A recent post is looking for you toolset on the new arcscripts... unfortunately, the only thing that appears when you hit download, is the image pops up

ShubhamBhatia
New Contributor II

Geoff,

Does this tool extracts building footprints from DSM (derived through UAV imagery) also ?

MichaelMayer
New Contributor II

I get an error 000824: The tool is not licenced when I try to run this. What licencing is required to run this tool? I was using the Cleanup Multipatch tool. Thank you.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Michael,  The tool requires 3D Analyst.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick question on the Cleanup Multipatch tool...is it meant to simplify/generalize a multipatch, and if so what do the parameters change?

cleanupGeomAmount

reduceGeomAmount

I haven't noticed any difference between multipatches despite varying these amounts (0.1 vs 1), and would like to understand what the cleanup3DModel.rpk actually does.

AndrewAdamson
New Contributor II

Is there an active download link to these tools?  Box is coming up with unavailable 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andrew,

The download url has been resolved. 

**Note** The template and tools are from a previous version of ArcGIS Pro and some may not run with the current release.