A Style is a document that defines the visual appearance of a map. The style is created with the Mapbox Studio editor.
This tutorial will show you how you can add any Mapbox map as a layer in ArcGIS Online as WMTS.
Before adding WMTS, make sure you have the following things ready.
- Login into Mapbox using username and password.
- In the Studio Click on styles then created styles will open. (if you don't have created style then create the style using create button).
- In the styles list, click on Menu.
- Click on share, develop & use in the Menu tab.
- Under your styles(Rodas) copy the WMTS service in the Use with WMTS service, click on ArcMap.
- Copy WMTS link under the WMTS endpoint.
- Its look likes this....https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/rahulwebgis/cjic9k1nf1a9s2rn1kobbm4if/wmts?access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoicmFodWx3ZWJnaXMiLCJh…
- After that open the ArcGIS Online.
- Login into ArcGIS Online account using username and password.https://www.arcgis.com/home/signin.html.
- After login into ArcGIS Online homepage will open. In the main menu click on the Map tab.
- In the Add Layer from Web window under the What type of data are you referencing? in the dropdown list select A WMTS OGC Web Service.
- In the URL section add the URL from Mapbox.that u copied.https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/rahulwebgis/cjic9k1nf1a9s2rn1kobbm4if/wmts?access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoicmFodWx3ZWJnaXMiLCJhIjoiOWNjZmMzODM2MmMxNDMwNjQxMGRlMWQ1OWE5NDBmOTIifQ.KrMKNeLmaZKBtlEK9d91JA
- Click on GET LAYERS Tab.
- In the Layers Choose Blank.
- Check the USE as Basemap.
- Click on ADD LAYER button.
Congratulations! You used WMTS to add a Mapbox style to ArcGIS Online.
You should see your map as a layer inside your ArcGIS Online. Note that each style will have to be added individually.