The Power of Data Project is a 35 hour professional development program that helps secondary teachers enhance existing lessons with Geospatial Inquiry.
Power of Data Teacher Workshops help secondary teachers:
- Enhance existing lessons and student learning through .
- Engage students in 21st century skills (critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity)
- Promote student awareness of careers in geospatial technologies.
- Develop and practice ArcGIS Online.
- Refine pedagogical skills.
- Build a network of professional resources.
You get paid for your time!
- $300 for attendance and submission of a lesson plan
- $200 for implementing a lesson and administering a student survey post lesson within 6 months of attending
- $250 if selected to participate in additional research activities
To find a Power of Data Teacher Workshop near you, please visit our map. http://www.pod-stem.org/where/ To register, please contact the Facilitator closest to you.