Is this thing on?
Been quite a while since I posted. I'm still working on indoor GIS, and have recently transferred to the 3D Content Team at the HQ in Redlands. So far it's been a great move! I started on the team just before the UC last year and helped get the initial release of the Campus Viewer Tools out the door. Our work since then has been around updating, improving, and expanding the Campus Viewer Tools. This latest release includes a lot of new improvements. Some of the highlights are:
- Accompanying workflow videos available (more on the way)
- Improved workflow documentation
- No more requirement for AIA-compliant CAD drawings. Any CAD drawing can be used.
- Feature classes generated from CAD are 3D-enabled and display in 3D automatically
- Routing network generation tools highly optimized (~10x)
- Campus Viewer configuration and search options have been expanded
- Campus Viewer UI has been completely updated and the configuration process streamlined
We encourage you to check out the newest release of the Campus Viewer Tools, and to try out all or part of it in your own projects. Drop me a note/comment if you have any questions or feedback. We're very excited about all of the improvements, and would love to hear from you.
3D Content Product Engineer
Esri, Inc. Redlands, CA