In July we added an additional url parameter to refine searching for features in the embedded map viewer. Hopefully this new option will assist you in searching for a specific feature. Here are all of the parameters including the new "feature" option. See example 3 below for usage
These are all the url params: [
1. "extent", Specify a custom extent only plan to support geographic coordinates.
2. "home", If true the home button is displayed. Only valid if zoom is true.
3. "zoom", : If true the zoom slider is displayed.
4. "scale", If true the scalebar is displayed in the lower left corner of the map.
5. "search", If true the geocoder search is enabled. Supports search and multiple locators.
6. "basemap_toggle", If true the basemap toggle button is displayed.
7. "basemap_gallery", if true the base map gallery widget will be displayed.
8. "alt_basemap", url option to specify the other basemap.toggle. If nothing is specified then satellite is used. Valid values are: "streets" , "satellite" , "hybrid", “topo", "gray", "oceans", "national-geographic" ,"osm",”terrain”,” dark-gray”
9. "legend", If true the legend displays in the side panel.
10. "popup_sidepanel", popup information is presented the info tab of the side panel instead of over the map.*
11. "details", If true the web map description will appear in the side panel.
12. "theme", color them applied to panel and buttons. Valid options are light or dark.
13. "searchextent", : If true search is within current extent.
14. "marker", specify location, desc, url to symbol, title for marker symbol with popup.
15. "level", the level ID of the cache scale as listed in the REST service endpoint. For example: level=9 *
16. "center", center map using geographic coordinates (x,y). * .
17. "active_panel", sets the default content of the side panel. Valid options are details or legend (popup*).
18. "show_panel", if true the side panel will show when the app loads, default is closed.*
19. "find", open map at a specific location, works in conjunction with search
20. "disable_scroll", when true mouse scrolling is disabled*
21. "zoom_position", default is top left, options are top-left, bottom-left, top-right, bottom-right. The default extent (home) button comes along for the ride.*
22. "logoimage", url accessible by clicking the logo*
23. "logolink" url reference to the logo or image you want to include*
24. “webmap” Web map id for a map to display.
25. "feature" this allows for searching for a specific feature within a searchable layer.*
- The syntax is layer id, search field, search value all separated by semicolons like this: feature=IowaWells_7281;WNUMBER;63901
- We are working to improve the UX for this, but in the mean time you can get the feature id from the web map. Here is the map from the Iowa wells example, notice "id":"IowaWells_7281" under "operationalLayers". This is the layer id that we would use as the value for the feature parameter. You can replace the map id in the url of that example with your map id and locate the layer id for the source you would like to search.
*option not accessible from embed in website dialog.
Here are a few examples:
Example 1 with scale, zoom (zoom position top right), home, light theme, legend, details, panel closed on load, basemap toggle (alt basemap =terrain), and logo.
Example 2 with zoom (zoom position bottom left), search, legend, base map gallery, dark theme, popup in side panel, panel open on load, scrolling disabled, logo
Example 3 with search and feature=IowaWells_7281;WNUMBER;63901