Doing a lot of testing with GeoEvent allows me the opportunity to do a lot of administrative resets [as described by RJ Sunderman in his blog HowTo: Administratively Reset GeoEvent Server (10.5.x / 10.6.x) ]. Since I'm doing this frequently, I wrote a new administrative tool to do the reset for me automatically. This tool follows the same sort of pattern as the ArcGIS Server tools found in <server install>/tools/ directory.
- It only works on Windows at the moment (I do have plans to migrate to Linux eventually).
- It works against 10.6 or later.
- It is probably best to stop the GeoEvent and Gateway Windows services before running the .bat file.
1. Download the .zip file and extract the contents onto the GeoEvent Server machine.
+ I put mine in a new folder C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\tools\
2. Edit the AdministrativeReset.bat if you need to change the default folder location(s) or timeout parameter:
3. Run the AdministrativeReset.bat file as an Administrator.
The tool will do the following:
1. Stop the GeoEvent Server and GeoEvent Gateway Windows services.
2. Delete the contents of the following directories:
3. Delete the gateway configuration file:
4. Start the GeoEvent Gateway and GeoEvent Server Windows services.
5. A log file will be written out to disk.