As part of ArcGIS Online, Esri’s Basemaps support a vast GIS community. Thank You to our Contributors and Partners who help support the Living Atlas of the World by providing data and enriching these amazing resources. This release incorporates new content and updates for cities and counties around the United States and an update to the Trans Canada Trail in the Topo map. New and updated imagery contributions were added in three Canadian cities and select areas in New Zealand and the United States.
Topographic Map Contributor Spotlights
View this tour of the new and updated content in the World Topographic Map.
Topographic Contributors in this Release
- Allen, TX (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Boston, MA (Topo 1:18k to 1:1k) Update
- Crook County, OR (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Greenville County, SC (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Idaho State University, ID (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Manatee County, FL (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Nashua, NH (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Pottawattamie County, IA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Williamson County, TX (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Trans Canada Trail, Canada (Topo 1:4k to 1:1k) Update
Imagery Map Contributor Spotlights
View this tour of the new and updated content in the World Imagery Map.
Imagery Contributors in this Release
- Brandon, MB, Canada (Imagery 1:36k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Kenora, ON, Canada (Imagery 1:36k to 1:1k) Update
- Country of New Zealand (Imagery 1:36k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- State of Vermont (Imagery 1:36k to 1:1k) Update
- Whitehorse, YT, Canada (Imagery 1:36k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Wichita, KS (Imagery 1:36k to 1:1k) Update
Living Atlas Community
Share your maps and data: Do you want to join the growing community of Living Atlas of the World contributors? Learn more about the ready-to-use content that is available in the Living Atlas of the World, including how you can contribute your maps and data.
Living Atlas Newsletter: This newsletter will keep you and other members of the Living Atlas user community informed through success stories, examples of applied use, visibility of new content, announcements about events, and other useful resources and information. Subscribe to the Esri News for the Living Atlas Community. You can have the newsletter sent right to your inbox by subscribing here.
Share your story: How has contributing to the Living Atlas Community benefited your organization and community? Has your participation helped meet a particular challenge? Has your applied use of Living Atlas content solved a problem or help meet a goal? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can promote your success.
If you have previously used the World_Topo_Map or World_Imagery, you may need to clear your cache in order to see the updates.