As we embark on a new year, are you thinking of how to communicate the benefits of using location information to get GIS to really take off in your organisation? Have you got your ArcGIS Organisational account ready to go? If so, a series of new publications are now available to help you get the most from your ArcGIS platform.
The Launch Guide provides the steps to help launch a location platform for your organization and a strategy for successfully adopting location technology within your organization. It contains:
- A strategy for planning, testing, and rolling out a location platform
- Examples, case studies, and quotes from customers who have implemented the location platform
- Checklists, templates, and communication examples to help move an implementation forward
- Resources for self-help, training, and contact information for assistance
As you introduce members of your organization to your location platform, it is important to properly guide individuals and teams in a way that is easy, fun, valuable, and rewarding. The Change Management Kit is a collection of activities and promotional tools that can be used to engage and excite members of your organization during the implementation of your location platform. It contains:
- Lunch and Learn activities to excite and educate your organisation
- Story Mapping examples to demonstrate powerful mapping communication capabilities
- Data, Data Everywhere activity to get your organisation thinking about using information in the location platform
- Posters that can be used to promote and inform people about the launch and upcoming activities
- Map pin graphics that can be used to brand the launch of your location platform
The Administering Your Location Platform publication is a go-to guide providing the best practices and resources you need to streamline your Location Platform.
So proceed with determination, enthusiasm, and influence. Be a champion that will be responsible for organizing the team, maintaining momentum, and delivering your vision for a successful location platform take off. If at any point you need support from Esri Australia, we are here to help you along the way.