HEC-GeoRAS Export Error

11-11-2011 04:29 AM
Labels (1)
JeffGuerrero
New Contributor II
Using ArcInfo 10 and GeoRAS 10 I am attempting to create my export .xml and .sdf files to create my model. I have gone through the process with the tutorial in the users manual and it worked fine. Now that I am using my actual project data, I am getting an error when I try to export it. It says "Failed to create intermediate ESRI XML file!" I have attached the output file that runs. I had no errors when creating my data, just when I go to export it.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Tags (2)
17 Replies
aliveli1
New Contributor II
Using ArcInfo 10 and GeoRAS 10 I am attempting to create my export .xml and .sdf files to create my model. I have gone through the process with the tutorial in the users manual and it worked fine. Now that I am using my actual project data, I am getting an error when I try to export it. It says "Failed to create intermediate ESRI XML file!" I have attached the output file that runs. I had no errors when creating my data, just when I go to export it.

its true. i am getting an error.
0 Kudos
JeffGuerrero
New Contributor II
So I decided to re-start and the second time around it worked fine. I had some crashes the first time, so maybe that just created some sort of bug/error? Anyway, it's all good now.
0 Kudos
aliveli1
New Contributor II
So I decided to re-start and the second time around it worked fine. I had some crashes the first time, so maybe that just created some sort of bug/error? Anyway, it's all good now.

i done all. but not working. i think this problem for Apfreamowk. i think its must reupload  hecgeoras, hecgeohms and archydro tools. All them not working true.
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Here's what I do when all else fails...  applies to any ArcGIS puzzling problems, not just Arc Hydro.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/29202-Solving-Arc-Hydro-Problems-by-deleting-TMP-Files?p=97445#post...
0 Kudos
aliveli1
New Contributor II
i done all of them but i am getting this message.  "08:37 Informative Failed to create intermediate ESRI XML file! Object reference not set to an instance of an object." i am using arcgis 10 sp3.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I don't use GeoRAS at all. However, when I look at your Output.xlsx file, I see many "Target location not specified..." messages.

From my experience in Arc Hydro, the "Target" is the file location ArcMap is trying to create the file in. Look for the where GeoRAS defines the output files and make sure the directory and filename are correct. I've had Arc Hydro keep the Target from the previous Arc Hydro project and had to correct it before certain functions would work.

I Googled "GeoRAS target" and found ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/SD/www/Technical/Engineering/Hydrology/Geo_Ras_xsec_instructions.pdf In this I searched for "target" and found that they use the ApUtilities menu also. Look under the ApUtilities menu to Set the target locations. Also, in Arc Hydro, there is an option to reset the target loations. GeoRAS might have that too.
0 Kudos
aliveli1
New Contributor II
I don't use GeoRAS at all. However, when I look at your Output.xlsx file, I see many "Target location not specified..." messages.

From my experience in Arc Hydro, the "Target" is the file location ArcMap is trying to create the file in. Look for the where GeoRAS defines the output files and make sure the directory and filename are correct. I've had Arc Hydro keep the Target from the previous Arc Hydro project and had to correct it before certain functions would work.

I Googled "GeoRAS target" and found ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/SD/www/Technical/Engineering/Hydrology/Geo_Ras_xsec_instructions.pdf In this I searched for "target" and found that they use the ApUtilities menu also. Look under the ApUtilities menu to Set the target locations. Also, in Arc Hydro, there is an option to reset the target loations. GeoRAS might have that too.

Thanks Mr. MBoucher for your help. I done all of them. I sure for output locatiion an temp files locations. But I am getting this error messages. İ think this framework error. When I use Arcgis 9.3 cllassical export running true. But Arcgis 10 not working. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Kuang_NgangE
New Contributor

Hi,

I suggest you contact Dr. Maidment or Dan Snead at dsnead@mail.utexas.edu. They are the experts in Geo-RAS.
0 Kudos
liudlasrft
New Contributor
I had exactly the same error, I tryed everything on this page, plus some other things, and nothing worked. At least until I tried.... changing the workspace's direction! that's right, just that.

I had it on my desktop and, it appears, arcgis is not a fan a large directions, so I created a folder with a smaller destination, closer to the disk root, and voilá!

hope it helps!
0 Kudos