Print with Feature Attributes

03-25-2011 05:28 AM
MelissaJohnson
Occasional Contributor II
I am looking for a way to print a map from the Flex Viewer with the search attributes.  I do not want them to print on the map, but maybe on the side of the print page.  Ideally I would like to give the user a choice between printing map and search results info, or just the map (maybe through the use of checkboxes or radio buttons).
For example, the user searches for a parcel number and when the parcel is selected and they zoom in, they can click Print and the Alive PDF prints out a map with the parcel map on the left and the fields that are specified in the SearchWidget xml file on the right in a table.  Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be accomplished? 

See attachment from our current IMS site.  This is what I am shooting for but it doens't have to be exactly the same.
Thanks,
Melissa
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MelissaJohnson
I am looking at the Attribute Inspector, and I wonder if there would be a way to do something similar to the "Attribute Inspector outside of Map sample", except within the pdf mxml.  Sorry I am learning Flex and trying to work it all out how things are connected.
Thanks in advance!
Melissa
0 Kudos
MGSethe
New Contributor II
I am looking for a way to print a map from the Flex Viewer with the search attributes.  I do not want them to print on the map, but maybe on the side of the print page.  Ideally I would like to give the user a choice between printing map and search results info, or just the map (maybe through the use of checkboxes or radio buttons).
For example, the user searches for a parcel number and when the parcel is selected and they zoom in, they can click Print and the Alive PDF prints out a map with the parcel map on the left and the fields that are specified in the SearchWidget xml file on the right in a table.  Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be accomplished? 

See attachment from our current IMS site.  This is what I am shooting for but it doens't have to be exactly the same.
Thanks,
Melissa

I am spending sleepless nights trying to implement exactly what you want, Did you find a solution for this, Please share with me the could you have to get me going.

Golden
0 Kudos
MelissaJohnson
Robert Scheitlin had posted some code of what he does on his website, but I haven't had time to do anything with it and I can't find the post here on the forum.  It will take me a while to get it to work.

We will be using a Silverlight product that has already been built as our main mapping site instead of Flex (that print sheet with options for attributes is already part of the package).  I still plan on using Flex for other small projects as I have time. Good luck!  If you find something please post!
Melissa
0 Kudos
LonSharp
Does anyone know how to accomplish this?   I need to have parcel attributes print below the map, rather than on it.   The default obscures map detail.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
BillLotz
Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I need to have parcel attributes print below the map, rather than on it. The default obscures map detail.

Thanks.

Add me to the list!
0 Kudos
AdamMcArthur1
New Contributor
I too am currently working on this issue, but have yet to find a solution.

If anyone knows how to implement this in Flex Viewer 3.0, it would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
DerekHunter1
New Contributor II
I too am working on pulling in a datagrid for selected graphics into the Print Widget.  If anyone can comment on accomplishing this (for a novice programmer), that would be awesome.
0 Kudos
LonSharp
Still looking for a solution for this.   I'm currently migrating to 3.1
0 Kudos
OlegLukyanov
New Contributor III
Hi,

Does anyone use a geoprocessing service for this task? I look for any samples.

I'm interesting how I can insert picture from attachments for such report with map and feature attributes also.

Thanks

Oleg.
0 Kudos