Question about ArcMap Dockable Window and new wizards for VS

07-05-2010 10:12 PM
KirillLykov
New Contributor
I know that this post is not for this sub forum, but I haven't found forum like 'ArcGIS Desktop for developers'. So i decided to write there because, at least, this forum for developers.

I installed ArcGIS 10 & SDK and I'm trying to create DockableWindow for ArcMap using new wizards which are provided by SDK. What I want to do is to make my WPF window to be DockableWindow in ArcMap. As far as I understand it is impossible to add WPF user control to ArcMap directly and I have to use WinFroms. So I suppose that I should create a ArcGIS DockableWindow and put ElementHost in it.
I create dockable window using wizard for VS, add this toolbox, compile, open arcMap and try to add it. I can't. it says that there are no commands in my dll. I know that DockableWIndow is not a command, but in this case how can I add dockable window to arcMap? Through this way I can add only smth like button.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
You will probably have better luck in the ArcObjects forum: http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/20-ArcObjects-All-Development-Languages
0 Kudos
CraigPerreault
New Contributor II
Kirill - Did you get any feedback on Dockable Windows? Do you have a link?
0 Kudos