Untrusted host error message - Android Collector for ArcGIS

07-02-2020 01:07 AM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Some of our Rangers are getting an untrusted host error message (see attached). And if you select trust it just throws up the error message again.  You can flick the app out and on most occasions it opens again and works fine.

Running Android 10 with latest updates on a Samsung S20+ and latest Collector for ArcGIS 20.2.1 Build 2956.

Any ideas what is going on?

43 Replies
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Some of our field staff are also experiencing this 'untrusted host error' when using the latest version of collector on Android devices.

The error message is specifically "Untrusted Host https://services2.arcgis.com/.........  This server could not prove itself; its security certificate is not trusted by your OS. Would you like to continue anyway?

The current work around is to have users log out of Collector and log back in. 

I've just suggested that field staff uninstall / reinstall collector as per some of the suggestions above to see if this resolves the issue

ESRI is there an official solution for this problem yet? 

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
BrettHowland
New Contributor
This remains a constant problem. I have yet to see ESRI post a solution or provide advice to help. Please address this issue as it is making Collector unusable in situations where reception is poor. 
Cheers
Brett
0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Yes issue has remerged for some of our Android phone users.  ArcGIS Collector app 20.2.1 on Android 10.

I have asked ACT Government GIS staff to lodge it with esri as an urgent job.  Good idea if you lodge a complaint too via esri's helpline.

0 Kudos
SharonFitzpatrick
New Contributor II

We are experiencing the same issue for a few users - same advice  - log out and back in and if all else fails uninstall and reinstall the app - it is by no means ideal as coverage can be poor in some of our areas.

@ERSI - is there a resolution to this  - appears to be ongoing sometime now

0 Kudos
LarsEngelsby_Mosbech
New Contributor II

Hi,
We are seeing the same thing. Problem only occurs on Android devices (not iOS).
We suspected our MDM solution to be the root cause, but we can see that it also occurs on Android devices without MDM.
We have +60 users that are facing this problem and its a showstopper for them. @Esri Please pay attention to this..

0 Kudos
LarsEngelsby_Mosbech
New Contributor II

Miaogeng Zhang‌ you looked at this back in september, was there any solutions back then?

SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Yes - we are getting the same problem occasionally as well on Android only. Our GIS officer tried raising it with @Esri  help desk as a bug but was told it was a problem with the Android system, which is not a helpful answer.  It is clearly a bug with ArcGIS Collector app on Android.  Happens on the latest phones and latest Android system as well. Miaogeng Zhangesri devHelp Desk Colin Lawrence‌ arcgis collector Collector for ArcGIS#Collector_bug

0 Kudos
LarsEngelsby_Mosbech
New Contributor II

Thanks Steve,
We will try to escalate it as well.

0 Kudos
JohnLandeborg1
New Contributor II

I have made a @Esri premium support request and had it ongoing for months. @Esri have not yet recognised the issue as a bug. @Esri support is not able to reproduce the issue and refere me and the customer to this thread.
The fieldworker who have the issue, a customer to Metria and Esri is now very tired of all question and actions.
I understand that the issue is hard to reproduce but if some Estri staff have the issue a bug request should be made urgent!

SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

The same bug used to occur on the Apple version of the new Collector app, when it was first released. An update fixed it so someone in Esri knows how to fix this bug. 

Maybe a solution is that ESRI staff start using Collector app in the field on daily basis, on-line and off-line. In this way there is more likelihood that they will see these intermittent bugs.

0 Kudos