ArcGIS Maps in Excel

08-12-2020 03:40 PM
AnareMOTOKULA
New Contributor II

I am trying to add data to my sharepoint excelsheet add on @ArcGISMaps in excel however I cant seem to find my country when I am trying to specify locations and use the data from the excelsheet. The data collected is based on the provinces (admin boundary) of my country but I cant seem to add this as a boundary because my country is not even an option to add. I'm from Fiji by the way.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anare,

> I am trying to add data to my sharepoint excelsheet add on @ArcGISMaps in excel however I cant seem to find my country when I am trying to specify locations and use the data from the excelsheet. 

Can you please clarify: are you using ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint or ArcGIS Maps for Office? The latter is the add-in that works within MS Excel - but you've posted in the discussion forum for the former.

Can you please describe your workflow in more detail, perhaps provide screenshots?

0 Kudos
AnareMOTOKULA
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

I have primarily been trying this in  ArcGIS Maps for Office. And as seen below in the location type I would like to choose Fiji Admin Boundaries but this is not possible as Fiji is a country still not on here as an option.

Cheers

Anare

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anare,

> I have primarily been trying this in  ArcGIS Maps for Office. And as seen below in the location type I would like to choose Fiji Admin Boundaries but this is not possible as Fiji is a country still not on here as an option.

Thanks for the clarification. In the Data format dialog, after you select the records in your spreadsheet that you want to geocode; then in the Add data with location and map style dialog, for the Location type parameter, is Country not an option for you?

> The data collected is based on the provinces (admin boundary) of my country ...

I'm unsure if the world locator service has admin boundaries for Fiji.

Hope this helps,