Resending a Member Invitation

08-04-2020 06:55 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I apologize if a similar question has already been asked/answered.

I have a number of staff in my agency that have not accepted their invitation for ArcGIS Online within the 2 weeks the invitation is valid. What are most folks doing to resend the invitation? Delete the account and recreate it? Treat it like someone is requesting a password reset?

It would be great if there was an option after 14 days to resend the invitation.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

4 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Chris,

I generally use the "Add members without sending invitations" option, that way they are added whether they respond or not.  Then I separately send them an email through our corporate email with detailed info on how to log in.

It could be that users are less likely to open an email from ESRI than a personalized email from their GIS guru...

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

you need to contact the Esri Customer support to delete his account and then you will be able to re-invite him again with the same user name.

For more information see the following thread: FAQ: Is it possible to re-invite a user for which an ArcGIS Online organizational account was create... 

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

PeterHansen4
New Contributor II

I also would benefit from being able to resend a user invite.  The 14 day threshold seems arbitrary.  Having to contact customer support to just delete an account that was never activated to begin with seems like overly burdensome and time consuming to the user.  Typical esri bloat, I suppose...

DanielEisenberg
New Contributor II

A bit late, perhaps, but for others who come across this: I can verify the "password reset" way worked - it sent a link with a new temp password for my user to click.