I am trying to name private streets on private apartment complexes that do not have names. accomplishing that we will help the emergency teams and the community. when you name the streets by the building next to it, you have to have a marker for location

08-04-2020 05:20 AM
RAFAELHERNANDEZ1
New Contributor

I am trying to name private streets on private apartment complexes that do not have names. Accomplishing that we will help the emergency teams and the community. when you name the streets by the building next to it, you have to have a marker for the location then if they change management the building's name may change, several buildings in the same street, circle streets. any suggestions? thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Don't name the street by the name of the building then.  That way if the building name changes you don't need to change the name of the street.

However, I cannot imagine building names change all that often.

It sound like your naming segments of the same street based on the name of the building in front of it.

You may be better served by working with the city and creating official street names for the unnamed streets.

What do those buildings use for a mailing address?

0 Kudos
RAFAELHERNANDEZ1
New Contributor

P.O. BOX, or mail boxes 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

You should work with the city or local law enforcement to create 911 addressing.

Name the streets and give the buildings actual addresses.