ARCGIS Map Crashes Randomly

08-04-2020 07:09 AM
RajashekarReddy1
New Contributor II

App crashing with below stack trace randomly . can't reproduce as well , its happening randomly . 

we are using  ARCGIS Runtime SDK for android 100.4

com.esri.arcgisruntime.ArcGISRuntimeException:
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.jni.CoreRequest.nativeHandleResponse(Native Method)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.jni.CoreRequest.a(SourceFile:274)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.j.b$2.run(SourceFile:200)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.b.g.b(SourceFile:45)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.b.e.a(SourceFile:115)
at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.b.c.done(SourceFile:44)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.set(FutureTask.java:234)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:274)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

100.4 is quite an old release.  Are you able to reproduce the issue with 100.8 which is our current version?

0 Kudos
RajashekarReddy1
New Contributor II

when am trying with 100.8 some other crashes happening 

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm happy to help but you'll need to give me some clues about what is happening and what your code looks like.

Can you share any code and a stack trace?

What device are you running on?  Emulator or physical?

What data are you using and what is your app doing?

I also noticed an error in my original reply.  I said that 100.8 was out latest release whereas its 100.9.  However this shouldn't make any difference.

There are lots of sample apps which you can try out which might show you how to get going here written in Kotlin and Java.

This is a good starter app : arcgis-runtime-samples-android/kotlin/display-map at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-android · ... 

There is a Java equivalent there too:  arcgis-runtime-samples-android/java/display-map at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-android · Gi...