Migrate Storage Tool

03-29-2018 10:12 AM
TrinaNair
New Contributor III

Testing Enabling Archiving on SQL Server.  Couldn't edit the feature classes.  Received an error that there was an invalid column.   Discovered the BUG.  Tested running Migrate Storage Tool.  Some of the feature classes are not accessible any more.  

BUG-000106321: Enabling archiving on SQL Server feature classes cre.. 

An error is returned that "The selected object failed to draw.  Invalid Object name.  It can't find the associated SDE_GEOMETRY13 table.  I checked the SDE_Layers table for the layer_id which is number 13.  There is no table SDE_GEOMETRY13.  However, a lot of the feature classes that are visible and working don't have an associated SDE_GEOMETRY<layer_id> table.  Is there a fix for this?   I tried maybe adding a spatial index again.  Didn't work. Want to see if I can fix before deleting and replacing the file from backup.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
TinaMorgan1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm sure there is a way.  In the world of technology there is always a way...but is it a tried and true tested way?  If you think this issue requires a fix outside of the tools Esri currently provides then we want to know about it in Support so we can either fix any workflow issues, or get this work case up to development to develop a tool that does what you need in the tried and true way.

Your current support case should (most likely, never set in stone) take one of those two routes:  workflow correction, or bug logging.

0 Kudos
TrinaNair
New Contributor III

I believe there is a fix.   I'm leaving it until the Analyst gets back to me.  It did another funky thing that I hadn't noticed earlier.  The Enabled Editing tables for one of the feature datasets (the tables with the _H suffix and are only visible in SQL Server).  They appeared in the ROOT folder of the database instance after I ran the Migrate Storage Tool.  They are viewable in preview.

0 Kudos
AmyRose1
New Contributor II

Hello Trina,

I am having a similar issue.  Did ESRI support give you a solution?

I think ours is an upgrade problem but I am not sure.

We have SDE_GEOMETRY tables showing up for a few feature classes in our 10.6.1 geodatabse but not all of them and I have also encountered the same error message.

Any help appreciated,

Amy Rose

City of Dallas

0 Kudos