ArcPro Scene - labels will not display

Jump to solution
04-02-2018 01:56 PM
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

I have layers in Scene (ArcGIS Pro) and when I turn labels on they do not display.  Does anyone have any tips and tricks to share on how to display labels in a Scene?

Thanks much-

Kate

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately they still do not render.  I am certain that the label has been enabled in the Labelling tab, and the limits are set to none.  Sometimes I have to restart to program several times before the labels finally do render.  Any other suggestions?

**After experimentation, I noticed what was wrong.  My method was to keep the actual polygon item in the 2D layer, and make a copy of the polygon to place in the 3D layer for labeling purposes.  I would turn off the polygon stroke in the symbol properties format window so there was not a redundant polygon.  But the labels would not render.  When I turned back on the polygon stroke, the labels would return.  

My workaround is to make the color of my 3D polygon layer colorless.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor
AliHassani1
New Contributor

The solution in the links above is to drag the layer to the 3D layers and that works fine in ArcGIS Pro.  However when I try to create a mobile scene package with the layers in the 3D layers I get unknown errors which I did not get when the layer was in the 2D layers.  Is there any other way to get the labels to display in the scene?

0 Kudos
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately they still do not render.  I am certain that the label has been enabled in the Labelling tab, and the limits are set to none.  Sometimes I have to restart to program several times before the labels finally do render.  Any other suggestions?

**After experimentation, I noticed what was wrong.  My method was to keep the actual polygon item in the 2D layer, and make a copy of the polygon to place in the 3D layer for labeling purposes.  I would turn off the polygon stroke in the symbol properties format window so there was not a redundant polygon.  But the labels would not render.  When I turned back on the polygon stroke, the labels would return.  

My workaround is to make the color of my 3D polygon layer colorless.

JeremyDavies
New Contributor III

I had the same issue, where labels would not show up in a scene if the symbology for the fill and outline were set to 'no color', even if the labels for the exact same layer layer were visible in a 2D map. Changing either the fill or outline to having color in the scene, even if set to 100% transparent, fixed the labeling problem. Strange behavior, but it works. Thanks for the tip, Jeanette!