The Defense Mapping license has been checked out in ArcGIS Administrator, but it does not display in the ArcMap toolbars / extensions. How do I find?

Jump to solution
07-30-2020 06:46 AM
HaleyRoe1
New Contributor

The Defense Mapping license has been checked out in ArcGIS Administrator, but it does not display in the ArcMap toolbars / extensions. How do I find?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Haley,

Thank you for your question.

If you launch ArcMap and go Customize->Extensions... and on the Extensions dialog you do not see an extension called Defense Mapping, then Defense Mapping has not been installed. Defense Mapping, along with Airports, Aviation Charting, Data Reviewer, Maritime Bathymetry, Maritime Charting, and Production Mapping are software components (i.e. extensions) that are available through the Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Desktop installer.

MCS has its own licensing and its own install. Do you have access to the Mapping and Charting Solutions Desktop installer? If you have access to the Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Desktop installer, in the Product Selection of the installer wizard, select Defense Mapping. After you have installed the software, launch ArcMap and go Customize->Extensions... and on the Extensions dialog you will see three extensions appear: Data Reviewer, Defense Mapping, and Production Mapping.

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Haley,

Thank you for your question.

If you launch ArcMap and go Customize->Extensions... and on the Extensions dialog you do not see an extension called Defense Mapping, then Defense Mapping has not been installed. Defense Mapping, along with Airports, Aviation Charting, Data Reviewer, Maritime Bathymetry, Maritime Charting, and Production Mapping are software components (i.e. extensions) that are available through the Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Desktop installer.

MCS has its own licensing and its own install. Do you have access to the Mapping and Charting Solutions Desktop installer? If you have access to the Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Desktop installer, in the Product Selection of the installer wizard, select Defense Mapping. After you have installed the software, launch ArcMap and go Customize->Extensions... and on the Extensions dialog you will see three extensions appear: Data Reviewer, Defense Mapping, and Production Mapping.

Regards,

Dan

HaleyRoe1
New Contributor

Thank you Dan!

DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

You are welcome Haley!