Parcel Fabric - Condo Entry

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 08:22 AM
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Hey,

I was wondering if people are entering condos in an easier/more efficient way than the way I was shown.  The way I was shown was - select the parcel that contains the condos, then in the attribute editor expand the related tables associated with the parcel, right click on the TaxParcelCondo table and select Add New, then enter the information for a single unit, rinse and repeat for each unit in that building/parcel.  Our county has three ski resorts which means many many condos.  There has to be a better way to do this.

I submitted this idea a while ago but it hasn't had much of an impact - one person voted it up (thanks whoever you are).

Has anyone else found a better way to enter these?  At times we have several dozen condos in each building.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JeffWard

Thanks Chris, I'll give it a try.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
JeffWard

Chris,

I was finally able to get around to testing your script tool.  It works great.  I added a bunch of field calculations to fill in the rest of the table.  I have to run once per floor but I can live with that, way better than what I was doing before.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

OK, great - make sure to grab the latest from the Tax Parcel Editing download on the solution site, I can't remember if that one has any improvements.

http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/tax-parcel-editing/

Also - let me know what changes you made and we can check it into the next release.

Chris

0 Kudos
RandyNagel
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

Reviving an old thread.  I was wondering if there are step by step instructions on how to use the 'Condo Utilities' tool?

Randy

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Hi Randy - we actually moved the Tax Parcel Editing solution to mature support and don't plan on adding any more capabilities and/or documentation.  

That being said - it's a fairly straightforward tool and does't have a whole lot of configuration options.  Basically enter the number of units, how you want to name them (by default) and then they get added to the condo related table.  Are you having specific issues with the tool? 

Chris Buscaglia

ArcGIS Solutions

0 Kudos