I just purchased a ARCGIS Pro subscription under my account and when I log in the message says "YOUR ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE USED TO AUTHORIZED ARC GIS PRO BECUASE IT IS AN ARC GIS PUBLIC ACCOUNT" 1. WHAT DOES IT MEAN 2.. I PURCHASED A SUBSCRITTION AND I

07-18-2020 11:25 PM
FelipeNaputo
New Contributor
I just purchased a ARCGIS Pro subscription under my account and when I log in the message says
"YOUR ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE USED TO AUTHORIZED ARC GIS PRO BECUASE IT IS AN ARC GIS PUBLIC ACCOUNT"
1. WHAT DOES IT MEAN
2.. I PURCHASED A SUBSCRITTION AND IT WILL NOT WORK?
3. ALREADY INSTALLED THE SOFWARED
4. I AM COMPLETELELY LOST THE WAY IT IS SET UP
5. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?
6. DO I HAVE TO MAKE MY ACCOUNT PRIVATE?
7. THIS SUBSCRIPTION IS SO FRUSTRATING AND NO HELP IS AVAILABLE -
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you seen the help pages?

Download, install, and authorize—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Frequently asked questions—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

It wasn't clear from your post

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
jamiespencer
New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem and ill be honest the help on what you actually need to do to fix this issue is very poor and unclear. The instructions provided in the onboarding information don't match the actual webpage you are faced with when you click on links. I have read through the instructions linked above and its not actual helpful on how you change your account from public to an organization. 

Completely agree with the original posters experience. 

Can anyone provide any guidance on how to actually change my public account to an organisation so that I can log in to the single license that I purchased. Super grateful if anyone can help untangle this one.

0 Kudos
jamiespencer
New Contributor

if anyone gets stuck here - found the solution - it really comes down to ensuring that when you go into the initial link with the instructions - bottom right there is an activate subscription - this then lets you change your account from public to the organisation you can set up. works like a charm now. 

0 Kudos