Editing in ArcMap

Jump to solution
07-16-2020 08:02 AM
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

Will versioned editing (non branch) be supported in ArcMap? 

I have one user performing edits in ArcMap that will take a month or two for me to get her production editing setup in ArcGIS Pro completed.  It would be nice to migrate from GN to Trace Network then work on my users tools while she continues using ArcMap in the time being.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

HiBrad Jones‌ -

Glad to hear of the interest in moving to ArcGIS Pro and the Trace Network.  Unfortunately, branch versioning is not supported for use in ArcMap. 

With the initial release in 2.6, it is important to note that the trace network is supported in the file geodatabase alone.  It is on our plan to extend support for Enterprise and enable multi-user editing with branch versioning for the trace network in the next release.

Thanks,

Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

HiBrad Jones‌ -

Glad to hear of the interest in moving to ArcGIS Pro and the Trace Network.  Unfortunately, branch versioning is not supported for use in ArcMap. 

With the initial release in 2.6, it is important to note that the trace network is supported in the file geodatabase alone.  It is on our plan to extend support for Enterprise and enable multi-user editing with branch versioning for the trace network in the next release.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll wait for 2.7

0 Kudos