How do I create a new category in Citizen Problem Reporter?

07-09-2020 12:25 PM
LindsayKing1
New Contributor III

We are working on standing up the Citizen Problem Reporter solution that we used the Solutions Deployment Tool in Pro to deploy (we deployed it before the June 2020 release).  I now have in my AGOL content the "CitizenProblems" source hosted feature layer as well as multiple views created off of that feature layer (e.g. "CitizenProblems_trash").

I can see that these views are based on the values in the Category field, such as Category = 'Trash', but how is this Category field populated? I don't see the category field exposed in the Reporter app, so it's not clear to me how these values are being populated correctly.

Essentially, I'm wondering how would I go about creating a new category and a new hosted view for that category.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lindsay

Chris Fox

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

The editing feature template of the view is used to set the value of the category when new reports are submitted.The pdf below describes the steps to add a new problem category to the app including, creating a view and defining the feature template for the view.

https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/pdf/learn-arcgis/configuring-citizen-problem-...