Drone image To Map Location

05-11-2020 07:18 PM
santiagomonedero
New Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to link points in an image taken  from a drone to actual points in the map. That is, I want to click on the image, get the pixel position, and use the location, orientation, hFOV and vFOV of the drone to compute the position on the map. I have done all the required calculation already and I am able to do this on a flat terrain (at see level for example), but it becomes very inaccurate when terrain is uneven. To solve this I was thinking about

1) Is there method accepting a line in space and returning the  point where the line intersect the surface? I could simply pass the line of sight between the drone and the see level and obtain the actual point seen by the drone.

2) Is there method similar to the ScreenToBaseSurface that does not require to be in first person and accepts hFOV and vFOV?

3) Could I use somehow the ViewShed analysis to obtain information about one single point instead of the analysis overlay output?

3) Any other idea or suggestion about how this could be achieved?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChaseFisher1
Esri Contributor

I do not have a direct answer for the question I will leave that for the Runtime team. However I do have a question for you. Have you looked into Site Scan for ArcGIS? ArcGIS StoryMaps 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Are you building a WPF app? If so, you might find one of the supported Geoprocessing tools offers the functionality you need.

Alternatively you may want to take a look at Drone2Map.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos