Create new feature in Smart Editor (Web AppBuilder) stops working after opening attribute table

02-27-2020 01:40 AM
StinaEdelfeldt
New Contributor

Hi,

I have made an app using Web AppBuilder with three layers, two point and one polygon. 

After I open the attribute layer in the app and do anything in the table (like clicking on a field or changing layer), I can no longer add new features in one of the point layers using Smart Editor. "Click to add a point" appears in the map, but when I click, no new point appears (the text disappears, though). This only happens if I open the attribute table (closing it again does not help). If I refresh the entire page, everything works fine again (until I open the attribute table). 

Note that this only happen to one of my point layers. I have tried to check for differences between them, but I far as I can tell, they are identical. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? Very grateful for any help, I have been stuck with this for quite some time now.

6 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stina Edelfeldt‌,

Thank you for reaching out. 

Please, would you be able to provide a link to your application along with a step by step of your clicks so I can try to reproduce your issue?

If you are able to capture a video of your screen to demonstrate the steps and the resulting behavior that would work as well.

Thank you so much!

Alix

0 Kudos
DezsoLovicsek
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue! In my app, I have the attribute table set to be expanded by default. When adding a new feature, after clicking the feature template icon and hovering over the map,the Smart Editor displays "Click to select in this area" but will not add a point when you click. When I changed the attribute table setting to stay hidden, the problem went away (though it still happens when I open the table manually).

The regular editor has been working normally regardless of the status of the attribute table, but I would like to use some of the extra functionality that can only be set up with the Smart Editor.

-DL

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dezso,

Thank you for reporting this. Please, would you be able to tell me which Web AppBuilder Theme you are have selected for your application? Also, which browser are you using, and are there any errors showing in your browser Console?

If we can pin down the pattern for this behavior, we can fix it in an upcoming update.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DezsoLovicsek
New Contributor III

Hi Alix,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The theme I have selected is the "Foldable theme", using the first layout option in the grid. I am using Chrome, but I tested the Web App in MS Edge and the same behaviour occurred. An error was indeed generated in the console at the moment when I clicked on the map to place the point. I have attached screenshots from both browsers below.

Best, DL

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dezso,

This issue will be resolved with our next update.

Thank you for taking the time to help us troubleshoot it.

Alix

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

This should now be fixed in ArcGIS Online, please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.