Can't Set Parameters for a Script Tool

10-27-2017 01:28 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The setting:  ArcGIS 10.5.1, Windows 10 64bit os

I'd like to explore developing a script tool but have run into a road block.  I thought it was just me being a bone-head, but for once it's not. (I know, right?!)  

I downloaded a zipped toolbox and script tool from an ESRI page, just to see what's up with the procedure.  Toolbox works, as does the script itself. But...

Then I try to add a script to that same toolbox, using the same script (renamed to myScript.py) and when I get to the step where I am to define the parameters, the form will not accept anything I add.  I type in a value in the the display name column and when I tab to or click on the data type column, the name disappears.  I sent the script to a team mate of mine and he is able to to get it to work just fine.

I didn't find anything about this with a search, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this problem. 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
15 Replies
MichelleLarime
New Contributor

Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same issue. I have tried all of the recommendations from this conversation, and still can't add values to my add script tool...

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

If I recall, I did a reinstall and that cleared it up...

JillianUebe
New Contributor

Hi - Is there a solution to this problem yet, I only just installed ArcMap yesterday and I have the same issue, I have tried everything but keep getting the same issue, the Display name disapears when I tab to the type column

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I vaguely remember this particular issue and it seems a reinstall of ArcGis is what got it going for me.  I'm no longer using ArcMap/Catalog so my frustrations these days are soley focused on ArcGis Pro...

0 Kudos
JillianUebe
New Contributor

Thank you

I managed to fix the problem, the re install worked.

Issue is now resolved.

Just have to find the correct script now to batch download attachments.

Roger

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Haven't looked at this but Dr Google recommended it. https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-10441-downloading-feature-layer-attachments 

0 Kudos