Batch Empirical Bayesian Kriging not recognizing Z Value Field

06-29-2020 03:07 PM
LucasRosen
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to create a batch EBK using many different fields and I keep getting the error number 040069 indicating that the variation of the input values are too small. I am able to do an EBK on each individual field but it takes a while and I would rather do a batch process. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lucas,

That particular error is encountered if all of the data of the field have the same value (or very, very close to the same value).  Is it possible that one of the fields had all the same value?

However, regardless, there was a known problem with using batch geoprocessing on the field of Empirical Bayesian Kriging, so I would not recommend trying to automate that way.  This has been fixed for the upcoming ArcGIS Pro 2.6.  In the meantime, I would suggest trying to write a Python script to automate the interpolation, if you're comfortable using arcpy.

-Eric Krause

0 Kudos
LucasRosen
New Contributor II

Hi Eric,

All the fields have different values so that isn't the issue, but you are probably right that coding would be the best way to get around it. I was hoping to use Model Builder so that it would be easier to view and share but I am willing to use Python script.

Thank you,

Lucas

0 Kudos