Calculate Field based on a Join for Hosted Feature Layer

01-23-2019 08:51 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, I have a hosted feature layer (produced from Survey123 Connect) and a standalone table from a local FGDB. I performed a join in order to update a field on the feature layer from data contained in the table. Performing the calculate, using Arcade, I get an error message about multiple OID

0 Kudos
6 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I would log this error at support, since I think this should be able without generating any error. At the same time I think you should be able to do this calculation in ArcGIS Online directly, possibly applying the FeatureSetBy* functions access the table in the Arcade expression. 

0 Kudos
E_-_EricaHahn__GISS_
New Contributor III

Hi - did you resolve this issue - I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi ehahn_nifc ,

If you could elaborate a bit on your specific problem in a new question, I would be able to look at he alternative of using Arcade to obtain what you want (even without a join). 

E_-_EricaHahn__GISS_
New Contributor III

Hi - I am managing a hosted feature service in ArcPro.  To update a text field, I joined an excel table that has updated info.  Then I was going to use calculate field to replace the existing data but the process failed. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi E - Erica Hahn (GISS) ,

I am not a big fan of joining data directly to an Excel file (or using Excel data directly). I assume that Arcade will be able to access the data from the Excel (I have not tested this) and update the hosted feature service based on values from the Excel file. Is it possible to obtain access to a sample of the data?

0 Kudos
WillHughes
New Contributor III

Try using expression type = python 3.  Worked for me when joining a csv. ArcGIS Pro v2.6

0 Kudos